It's amazing what good sleep, a few minutes in the Word and a plan for the day can do for one's outlook. I'm having a really good day today. Have I crossed off everything on my "to do" list? Certainly not, but I'm making progress with a few things.
There is nothing terribly exciting going on - I was able to run an errand on the way to the hospital to visit my dad. I was even able to encourage him to eat more than a few bites of his lunch. He's inching his way back to a second hospital discharge to a rehab facility to work on getting stronger. It's so hard to see him sad and not feeling well. But his family visits him often, although he sometimes doesn't remember we've been there. And, the excruciating cranial pain that was driving him to the brink of crazy has been cured through the gift of neuro surgery. I'm so glad that our God gave such intelligence, talent and bravery for doctors to do what they do.
Then it was off to the office to try to play catch-up. Planning and executing two major meetings in three weeks is no fun and with all that's been on my mind I'm so afraid I'm not paying attention to details the way I usually do. I usually like to finish a major project before I start another and it's just not working out that way this time. And now, I'm also trying to work ahead a bit to make way for my March 15 rotator cuff surgery. I'm thankful for my surgeon's skills as well. I'm looking forward to being able to use my right arm without throbbing pain by the time Miss Annie's high school graduation rolls around. After my great fall on the ice a few weeks ago, I feel a bit like Humpty Dumpty - just waiting to be put back together.
I'm just about finishing up at the office and thought I'd jot down a few words - then I'll be headed home to my family, my pup and a wonderful pot of jambalaya that I put together this morning. Yup - I had a plan...and it was good.
Nice to see you back. Looking forward to more installments. :-)
ReplyDeleteKathy
Wow Kathy, so much on your plate and you have such a wonderful attitude. Good luck with your rotator cuff surgery. Had it several years back and you will enjoy the results.
ReplyDelete