Friday, May 17, 2013

Trust


I liken my life to the fog that surrounded me this morning. I see things happening in my life and the lives of my loved ones, decisions needing to be made, but as yet I cannot distinguish the reality of all these coming changes. I know they are out there, I know they need attended to. But, until they are closer and easier to see, I must wait. Decision making without clarity of vision is useless and dangerous.

Perhaps God is trying to tell me to slow down, don't worry; when it's time to move and make decisions, the vision will be crisp and clear. Just as one would slow down while driving through fog, I, too, must slow down - wait until I am comfortable with the view before making life-changing decisions.

Trust is so much easier to say than do. But my God can be trusted with my life. He does what He says; He never fails. I'm sure the disciples saw fog when Christ was put to death. But we know that the story did not end there. Christ arose from the dead, just as He promised. The fog was lifted on that day and every day hence. I choose to trust Him to get me beyond the fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment