We mark our days with plans and wishes – I must do this; I’d
like to do this; I know I’ll never be able to do this. I don’t believe that our
Heavenly Father finds fault in that, but I do think he must shake His head at
us and sometimes even laugh. We plan and plan but with incomplete information –
we are hardly ever (or at least not always) privy to that which lies before us.
We do not know what will happen today, tonight or tomorrow. And yet we plan.
And for what?
Scripture tells us that He takes care of and provides for even the smallest of birds, and then goes on to assure us we are more valuable than many sparrows. If He cares that much for the
small, winged creation of His hands, surely we can know for certain that He
will take care of us.
Some of our days are difficult and almost unbearable, but
our God has already made provision for us before those days unfold. Can I
explain why these days are so weighty or why our hearts cry out in anguish?
Certainly not; but I do know that He knits and weaves these trials and tribulations
into our days to draw us closer to Him, to purify us as His vessels that He may
pour more of His love out onto an unsaved world. He created us to be in relationship with Him
and sometimes He has to really work hard to get and keep our attention.
Do I believe that our Heavenly Father causes pain and
turmoil to keep us at bay? Most
certainly not. But we live in an imperfect world as the result of original and
continuing sin and thankfully our God is able to work within the context of a
sin-stained world and is yet able to draw us to Him, granting us the grace of
forgiveness of sin and even providing for us ALL that we need.
Even as this day is passing I am boggled by a lack of
understanding as to the way our lives unfold. But do I believe God is weaving
these sometimes horrific chain of events into the tapestry of our lives for His
good? Without question. I am assured by His Word that nothing that happens in
our lives is for naught. And God, who chose to give up His own Son for us, will
never forget that pain and understands ours and will provide for us the only
comfort that can mend our hearts. Through our eyes we can only see the messy back
of the tapestry of our lives but at the heavenly gates we will see the
unbelievably beautiful masterpiece He has created. His plan. The only one that
really matters.
So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31 (NASB)

No comments:
Post a Comment