Today is a remarkable day. I have now passed the "50 pounds lost" marker with a loss of 50.8 p0unds. I'm also learning that it really is counterproductive to deny myself food when I am truly hungry. It's much easier to make healthy choices when I'm only hungry and not frantic and hungry. The old paradigm of dieting...deny, deny, deny...is no longer valid in my life. How refreshing and non-limiting.
I found a storage bin of gold in the basement this morning. It was chock full of clothes that fit me years ago...many of which I loved. AND...they fit again. Two brand new bathing suits, a suit, a couple of dresses. Things I really need again. I love shopping in my basement. I almost bought a bathing suit yesterday and decided to wait to see what might be in the dusty archives and I am so glad I did. And how nice is it that while reclaiming my old skinnier clothes I'm also emptying some of the crap out of our basement!
Annie and I are leaving tomorrow for Rainbow Grand Assembly at Kenyon College and I'm a bit trepiditious of what lies ahead - no scale, no gym, no dog to walk, and someone else preparing my food for four days. I'm certain all will be okay; I now have enough tools under my belt to make the "uncontrolled situation" work for me...it's just a bit unsettling. I think I'll ramp up my work-out tonight as my little send-off!
No comments:
Post a Comment