Life is intersecting at so many points as I write this entry. I'm mid-therapy to rehab my shoulder and bicep from a fall on the ice and the subsequent rotator cuff surgery; my dad has been in and out of the hospital and in a skilled nursing facility since December, but hopefully is about to be headed to assisted living; my husband is looking for his next career opportunity; my daughter is graduating from high school in 18 days and then in July she will be installed as the presiding officer of the International Order of Rainbow for Girls in Ohio while attending Ohio State on a part-time basis allowing her time to give Rainbow Girls her all. Once Annie has completed her year as Rainbow's Grand Worthy Advisor, she likely will be off to start her four-year college adventure at Bowling Green State University to study fashion merchandising.
STRESS. It is in every one of my bones and and in every beat of my heart. I feel like a bouncing rubber ball trying to keep up with all of the above while still paying attention to my own career as an association executive and my responsibilities and commitments as a wife. And, then, of course, I'm still trying to juggle the demands of being an in-touch mother of an 18-year-old girl (scheduling shopping trips and mani-pedis for some girl time!), spending quality time with my husband, daily visits with dad, walking my sweet dog Maizy and visits with my 93-year-old grandmother who can't understand why she is still on this earth. And, I long for the day (September is coming!) when I can get back in the gym and work off some of this stress and get my body healthy again.
Life is hard, people. But, this IS life. What folks do with all of their struggles, cares and concerns is overwhelming, but thankfully there is someone who cares about all of the uncertainty in our lives. Were it not for prayer and the promise that Christ cares for us even more than we can imagine, I would feel completely hopeless. With apologies to Lennon and McCartney, the long and winding road can suck the life right out of us unless we keep our eyes on He who loves us most. We must learn to keep our eyes on Him, not the road.
Kathy, this is such a wonderful moment of insight. Thank you for sharing your Ultimate Adventure with us all. I will pray for continued strength and focus as your worlds collide. Remember, HE knows the plans He has for each one of you. Enjoy the adventure...it's exciting!! Love & Blessings, Lori
ReplyDelete