Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Snow

As I look outside my window into the dark I can't help but notice the blanket of white covering everything this morning. What seemed dark and bleak and wet and dreary yesterday has been changed into a scene of beauty. I wasn't expecting snow covered trees this morning and that has made it even more beautiful.

Christmas is like that. We live in a dark and lonely world, and though foreshadowed all through the scriptures, there comes a day when our hearts can awaken to a Savior who has come to cover our sins and make us clean and whole and white as snow. And He comes for us all - those who take him wholly and completely into their hearts and those who totally reject Him.

If you have not had the joy of Him and His gift of salvation, it is my prayer that you will seek Him this Christmas. He fills the lonely heart, loves unconditionally, promises eternal life and is intimately interested in our lives. There is nothing in this world that I, we, need more.

 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:10-11 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment