Monday, December 30, 2013

Unexpected turns


Life is so unpredictable. What was true yesterday can change in the blink of an eye. It twirls the floor beneath us and sometimes we are left hanging on for dear life. Scary? Sometimes. But I'm beginning to really know that I am not the one in charge of my life; and that's a good thing.

Just as road maps - or GPSs - keep us on track toward a destination, so does God's Word keep us directed toward heaven - our eternal, ultimate home. Do I understand every step of the journey? Certainly not. But I rest assured knowing the path He has for me will far surpass anything I could execute.

I choose to follow Him, trusting that the hard and overwhelming days are preparing me for the future. The fact that He promises to always walk by my side makes the traveling sweet.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment