Today I crossed a bridge that I never expected to encounter. Life paths don't always unfold according to our plan. After 62 years, one would think I would have realized I don't know how to fix everything, neither do I have the capability. Each time this happens I am surprised.
But there is One who is never surprised by bridges and turns in our journeys. I'm beyond certain His hand has been guiding my every step along the way and many days He has had to carry me in His arms. I simply didn't see the dangers along life's journey nor how to get to the destination to which I have been called. But He knows. And I put my trust in Him. He has promised to lead me every day of my life. That is the best lifetime warranty I have ever heard of.
Seasons come and go, bringing darkness and light, hard things to struggle with and glorious days of living in the light of God. Life adjustments can often be hard but I thank Him for each one. I know that the dark days and hard things birth new growth in me. And though there are often many tears among life's disappointments, I know I am not alone and never will be. He has chosen me, called me His beloved and promises to never leave me. I can't think of anything better than that.
I am the vine, you are the branches, he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:5 (NASB)
No comments:
Post a Comment