Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life is overwhelming sometimes; but God's grace endures

Some days there are just too many things on my plate (figuratively speaking, of course!). Every day presents a new opportunity to tackle the task list - my job, personal Bible study, work-outs, staying in touch with friends and family, praying, cooking and eating in a healthy manner, watering and weeding the flower beds, Rainbow responsibilities, mom responsibilities and wife responsibilities. And then let's add in reading (I refuse to relegate this one to the "not to do list"), cooking, dishes, laundry, shopping, cleaning and running Annie's taxi. Oh yes, and let's not forget the dog - brushing, walking, playing, bathing and feeding. No wonder I never have time to pluck my eyebrows or balance my checkbook. And believe me, I'm looking forward to Annie having her own car someday soon, much to Tim's dismay, I am sure.

But this is ALL about life - living, breathing, interacting, reflecting God's grace and mercy. Mine is a full life and I have many choices. Thankfully the good choices outweigh the bad choices and somehow it all works out okay - and that brings me back to God's grace and mercy. He promises to give me beauty for ashes, and believe me, I'm standing here waiting to make the exchange every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment