Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A perfect day?

So often I judge my day by my fitness log. Did I write down every morsel of food that graced my lips? Did my daily calorie count stay under 1665? Did I exercise? Did I walk the dog to make her happy and give me a few more calories burned? Although I feel great satisfaction when I'm successful at all these points of rule, I really need to ask myself if this is really what makes it a perfect day.

I believe there is much more to my life than these parameters. Did I listen for the Lord? Was I diligent in serving my family and my employer? Did I invite the Lord to share my day with me? Did I spend time reading His Word so that I am better able to discern His will for my life? Did I help a family member or friend or neighbor in need? Did I make my prayer requests be known to Him? Did I share the Gospel with a desperate world?

Help me to remember Lord that life is much bigger, much better, than my personal checklist. Does the checklist for my health matter? Absolutely! But, is it my life? Definitely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment