![]() |
Grandma and her great-grandson Joshua
at my mom's 70th birthday party
|
Of course, we really don't know what to expect in the heavenly realm; we can only conject. But, one thing I know is that it will be glorious to look upon the face of Jesus when my day comes.
Today I am reminded of her many oft-told stories and I smile. She liked to talk about Annie's christening - with her bare little toes dancing under her beautiful white gown. She spoke of the time that Tim took her to the dentist while toting our 4-month old daughter while I was at work, he making sure Annie's sunglasses were on "just right." She also loved to recount growing up near Cumberland Falls and the subsequent family reunions there. Her recall of those reunions were often more memorable and wonderful than those of us who attended, but to each his own. She was happy to have her family around her. It meant EVERYTHING.
Grandma left us all a legacy of quilts, baby afghans and amazing cake recipes, but even more than that, her love. I will miss her terribly, but am so happy she is safely home.
"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great!" Matthew 5:12

No comments:
Post a Comment