Waiting is such an interminable word. A Biblical word. A patient word. Just ask any small child counting down the days until their birthday or Christmas morning.
Even as adults, all of our lives are lived season by season - times to walk through, learning all we can so that we might best face the next season of our lives. But sometimes our current season is long and painful, sad, and on the surface, so very hopeless. And yet, it is these times that I believe the Lord is closest to our hearts. He knows our pain and sorrow, loneliness and lack of strength, but thankfully he knew no hopeless - He knew that salvation would come - just as He knows that the seasons of our lives will come and go and that which looks so bleak today could become tomorrow's joy.
My hope is in Him - that the winter season I walk in will someday soon turn to joy and light.
“Hear, O Lord, and be gracious to me;
O Lord, be my helper.”
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Psalm 30:10-12 NIV

Oh so true....He does reach down and pick up the shattered glass..remember that analogy????????? Love you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I do remember. And I hope in Him. Love you, too!
Delete