While the bouncing scale continues to stupify me, I am yet shouting VICTORY. Last night was the academic showcase at Annie's high school - an event that Tim and I look forward to each fall. This is simply a chance to walk through Annie's schedule in one evening, with 10 minutes for every class period - a wonderful opportunity to see her learning environment, meet her teachers and learn what is expected from each of her teachers and classes.
As you may be aware, the high school campus is sprawling - seven main academic buildings on two floors. Last year this little adventure about killed me - I was huffing and puffing, looking for elevators and shortcuts at every turn since there were eight periods with only five minutes between classes. This year, however, it was a different story. I ran up and down the stairs, going from building to building and floor to floor very easily...never once was I winded or found huffing and puffing. And, I fit in each and every student desk in every classroom!
While this event last year proved to be quite a challenge as well as embarrassment for me, I found it easy and enjoyable this year. And that, my friends, is only one of the many reasons I am on this ultimate adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment