Thursday, September 23, 2010

Never did a sigh feel so great!

Tied up in knots - that's what I've been for a couple of weeks. Being a mom is not easy but it is THE BEST job in the world. Our Annie took on the responsibility of serving as presiding officer of her Rainbow assembly. And that means memorizing the ritual to conduct the meetings and initiations - a task that would be formidable for me. While she had all summer to undertake that task, somehow it was left until almost the last minute and that is exactly what tied me up in knots. But last night she proved herself well. She ROCKED that initiation, conducting the work well.

I have been so stressed about this and have tried so hard not to return to my old unworkable methods of handling the stress. Let's just say that Annie was more successful than I have been, yet, here I am, pressing on in the knowledge that the old way doesn't work for me. Medicating with food is just so defeating. My new way of handling stress is to open my serotonin tool box to find something else that brings that "ahhhh." Sometimes all I need is a revved up work-out or a walk with my dog. Shopping for new, smaller clothes is always a plus. Even digging in and cleaning and organizing Annie's room as a surprise for her was what worked for me this week. I just need to remember to open the tool box and not the refrigerator door.

No comments:

Post a Comment