Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Here we go 'round again
Really. The scale is driving me absolutely crazy; I've been up and down with the same two pounds for the past two weeks. It's enough to drive me straight to Dairy Queen...or at least it used to be enough. Now, I'm learning I need to sit down and really listen to what my body is telling me. Am I retaining water, keeping my food logs and putting my all into my workouts? If I am, I must stay the course. But, if I'm not and I am indulging because I'm feeling blue or angry and I'm responding with food, then I need to take a look at my life. Is something frustrating me, do I need to communicate my needs to others better? I must remember that others cannot read my mind; if I need help I need to ask for help, rather than sulk with a handful or two of chips or a dish of ice cream (with Hersheys and salted nuts, of course). This is a new way for me; takes me a few rounds to get it. But, get it, I will. Check back with me in another couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment