Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's all in the little things

While my ankle mends and my work-outs are modified, weight loss has slowed, but thankfully it hasn't stopped. While the scale is not reflecting great losses, I choose to reflect on the great gains I have made - the ability to move through a crowded restaurant or room without feeling self conscious and not needing to ask everyone to "scoot in" so I can get by. Navigating previously "tight" pews at church are no longer a source of embarrassment. Sitting in restaurant booths is now a wonderful luxury. Unless one has traversed these situations, they cannot imagine the stress that something so small can cause. And now I am free from that stress and I am, oh, so thankful! I, too, am finding that I am shopping more and more often in regular-sized departments - what freedom that is (and much more stylish too!).

I'm also finding that it is quite fun to see friends I haven't seen in months - just to register their facial reaction when they see me. It just feels good to be me again! And, tonight I get to see my mom...and I haven't seen her since spring - what fun THAT will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment