Thursday, January 27, 2011

11 months and counting

As I look back over the past 11 months, I am absolutely amazed at the changes in my life - changes for good. Some of those changes, though seemingly small to others, mean the world of difference in my life.

1. On many occasions, I am now shopping in regular sizes and petite sizes. WOW! My shoe size has even changed, folks!

2. I now can slide into the pews at church, as opposed to squeezing in.

3. I am no longer embarrassed to enter a room or walk across a crowded restaurant.

4. I can now do a somewhat modified version of a pull-up. Absolutely unthinkable.

5. I have been parasailing and loved it.

6. I can find something in ANY restaurant or kitchen that I can feel good about eating. NOTHING is off limits.

7. I have lost 70+ pounds.

8. I now take the stairs whenever possible as MY choice.

9. I really like working out - sometimes the "getting there" is difficult, but I'm so happy once I am there and feel so fulfilled when my workout is complete.

10. I love it when my daughter goes to the gym with me.

11. My blood pressure is now at the bottom of the normal range.

12. I like going to the doctor now - no fears of condemnation.

13. Change is easiest when completed in baby steps...and long lasting too!

14. I now easily fit in the school desks when at the high school for meetings, conferences, etc.

15. Serotonin needs MUST be fed and I now know how to do that - sometimes with food and sometimes not, and both are okay.

16. My family is so proud of me! I love that!!

17. I have found that a nonfat cappucino with one pump of sugar-free hazelnut is a real treat and comes without the guilt of a mocha latte!

18. Movie popcorn is better without added butter and salt!

19. I have found that more and more restaurants now provide nutritional information.

20. The Ultimate U's Challenge is the best time and money I (and Tim) have EVER spent. And I LOVE my challenge friends, coach and supporters! They are simply the best!

21. Attending U University (the challenge graduate school) every week will keep me on track for life.

22. I am halfway to my lifetime goal - in less than a year - and THAT is something to celebrate. Each day just gets better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment