Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Don't rain on my parade

Some days I skip along through my life - and progress comes and progress wanes - and it doesn't slow me down a bit. But there are some days it is as if I am wearing concrete galoshes and trying to lift one foot seems impossible. And thankfully, the concrete galoshes days don't last.

The last month has been one of concrete galoshes. My ankle and foot ache, and my hip is keeping me in constant pain. My workouts have been less than I wish due to those issues and it is quite frustrating to me - I want to push ahead and get past this - yet my body just won't let me. Throw in the holidays and family pressures and I just really feel defeated...and in search of my next hit of so desperately needed serotonin. Too often I have searched the cupboards to fill that need. On the other hand, completely denying the need only snowballs into failure (and back into the cupboards). I'm learning - fill the need and move on. Eat a healthy snack if I'm hungry to derail the need to graze later.

But today, the galoshes are off and I am again moving forward. I have made so much progress and to deny myself the feeling of that victory would be just wrong. I'm on a right path to my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment