Take a deep breath - we are now into the New Year. Exhale. I need to remember that if I can just keep breathing I can accomplish anything and everything.
The holidays were a whirlwind - fun and surprising. My stamina amazes me these days. I've shoveled snow without being winded, shopped at Easton until the cash ran out, baked until the whole house had that heady, holiday sugary smell, worked out regularly even when I didn't have the time and made wise food choices along with some not-so-wise, but oh, so, pleasurable. But, it's a new year and I'm not facing it in a panic as I have in the past. 2011 is about staying the course for me - the new course adopted last year.
I just finished my almost year-long wellness challenge at the Ultimate U with three other very capable contenders this week. Wow. Graduated into wellness. Are we done "contending?" Certainly, not. But have we crossed the threshold from unhealthy to healthy? You betcha we have. 2011 will be about fine-tuning for me. I hope to get a better handle on nutrition, stepping up my work-outs, and losing 40 more pounds this year, all the while trying to eat at home a bit more (it's just soooo much better for us all).
I look forward to this year - new challenges yet unseen, more weight loss, a leaner body and of course, more wellness coaching from Zoe at U University at the Ultimate U to further encourage and enlighten me in my quest for health and happiness.
And, if you notice the earth shift on the morning of January 15 - it will just be me taking my first Zumba dance class!
Happy New Year to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment